Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Our 6th year Anniversary


For Love is the most powerful word and action, man was ever taught; Love is what we are and children are the greatest gift of Love.


 Our 6th year Anniversary is on October 1st, 2010! After all these years; after all the challenges we've been through, all the happiness, laughters, tears and fights we've shared...we are still going strong! I wouldn't change a thing about us except that as we grow older..together..that our friendship and the foundation of our relationship will stay strong, stronger than anything in this world!
    Many have asked if we are married..or when we are getting married. We've honestly thought about it..but why now? We are perfectly content with our relationship status. We are practically married! We want to eventually get married someday..maybe we will when we are both 50 years old! Honestly that is not a bad idea at all. Just look at how marriage can turn a perfectly good relationship, sour. I don't want that for us. Sure it is nice to get married and easily drop $5000 or more on just for that one special day but right now we are perfectly comfortable with our relationship status. 
    I've witnessed a few marriages that had gone sour and ended badly. Many saw it as an opportunity to "steal" from each others riches and make one feel bad about themselves. Just because you've been dating for a few years or have known each other for a long long time even before you started dating and gotten engaged..you still don't know a lot about that person..not unless you've been together for 25 and some years, have lived together, have kids together, have gone through A LOT of challenges..and I mean a real "mean roller coaster ride" kind of challenges..it is not worth getting married and tying yourself into something you will end up regretting..or something that would end up to a divorce. Some may say that I am being negative..I absolutely am not! I'm simply being realistic and staying true to myself. Fighting and all that does not test your relationship enough..but having kids before marriage does!
   You and your husband are used to having time alone; You two are used to going out (alone or together..it doesn't matter); You two are used to being spoiled, both of you are used to having careers of your own...the list goes on. You see many couples that are divorcing after 25 years of marriage because they are just realizing that their relationship is over, there was nothing fun about it anymore. I want my partner I to be the opposite. I want us to go through all the hard times now and really, truly out our love to the test and see how far it will take us. Having a son together and putting my career on hold and being the one sacrificing what I have for both my son and Jaa is pretty hard to swallow sometimes. Sometimes I catch myself wondering what life would be like if I was on the other side of the fence...but you no matter what I think or fantasize..I still would not trade a day of my life for someone else' successful and "perfect" life. 
   So therefore I am not saying that I don't want to get married. I just prefer to wait for many more years to come and then tie the knot because I know that once Jaa and I have been together for 25 and some years and have put our love to test..then I can honestly say that getting married is like the icing on top of a beautifully sculpted cake! 
   I love you Jaa Carrigan!

*Much Love!*

   







No comments:

Post a Comment